Caramel-chocolate croissant

The other day I really wanted to try making croissant because I have never done it before. I made the regular shopping list and add chocolate on it for my baking later. My better half understood it like I wanted to chocolate so he brought my favourite one which is Scandinavian specialty called Daim. It is a milk chocolate bar with crunchy caramel inside - it is a piece of heaven, trust me :D So I thought I could make something nice from it.

This version is more Hungarian then French because dough is not that layered and airy but rather soft and nice to bite in.  If in your country you cannot buy Daim, you can just easily make a caramel-chocolate cream and use that one instead. It can be nicely freeze and heat it up later in the microwave. 



Caramel - Chocolate crossiant 
650 g flour
1 tsp salt
75 g sugar
1 big egg
3 dl lukwarm milk
3,5 dkg yeast
6 dkg melted butter

140 g Daim
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 Tbsp jam of your choice ( I used apricot)
70 g sugar
+1 egg


As usual you need to mix yeastwith lukwarm milk and 1 cube of sugar. Let it work for 10 minutes in a warm place. Mix flour with a pinch of salt, and sugar. When yeast is ready mix everything together and knead it until you get a nice fluffy texture. Let it double its size which takes about 1 hour. 

I melt the Daim in a glass bowl and  add everything to it except the egg. When dough is done, divide it into 4 equal pieces. Shape them to  circules, half inch thick. Spread half of the cream on one circular and but another dough on top. Cut them into 16 triangles like you would cut pizza slices and roll them up from the outside. Place them on a tray with baking sheet and repeat this step with the rest of the dough.  Let them rest for 30 minutes moreAfter that spread 




0 comments:

Post a Comment