Marmalade-choco snails

When autumn comes I like to switch on the oven more often while I just have a cup of tea and watching how what I made is growing in there :) This is one of my simpliest recipe but it tastes so good at the same time. I usually make a big portion and just freeze and put it into the microwave when I feel like to treat myself. You can basically use any kind of marmalade but I think with plum one is the best. 




Marmalade - choco snails - for 2 big oven tray
550 g flour
2,5 dl milk
3 tbs sugar
An egg
2 dkg yeast
6 dkg melt butter
Salt
Unsweeted cocoa powder
Caster sugar
Marmalade of your choice
Half mug of milk
Vanilia

As usual you need to mix yeast with lukwarm milk and 1 cube of sugar. Let it work for 10 minutes in a warm place. Mix flour with a pinch of salt, and sugar. When yeast is ready mix everything together and knead it until you get a nice fluffy texture. Let it double its size which takes about 1 hour. 

Stretch the dough for 1 inch thick rectangle shaped and cover it first with a thick layer of marmalade. Then add a thick layer of cocoa powder and caster sugar. Fold two shorter sides and roll it up from the longer side. Cut them into 2 inches thick snails and let them rest for 20 minutes  on a tray with baking paper. Finally you can preheat the oven for 180 degrees. They will be ready in 20 minutes. 

As a final touch mix hot milk with vanilia (sugar or bean) and water the snails with that. Thats how they will be soft and juice just like the beloved middle part :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment