Koldskal

I have been living in Denmark for 1 year now and I totally got sweet-tooth. Maybe because that is the only way to survive this "lovely" weather (Ok, I know this summer has been quit fine) Koldskal is one of the most beloved summer dessert. Even though summer is over this is still my favorite quick dessert after a long workday. I love how sweet and sour mixing together as well as crunchy and soft. You can spicy it up with crunchy  vanilla  cookies as Danes do or with some fresh berries as I do :)



Koldskal - 4 servings
1 liter buttermilk
5 egg yolks
6 tbs sugar or the same amount in sweetener
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Half  vanilla  bean
Crunchy cookie, fruit or what ever you like in it :)

Take a big bowl and mix egg yolks, sugar, vanilla together then add buttermilk, lemon. Finally put some toppins of your choice.

Velbekommen - Good apetite in Danish:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment